Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2012...in Review

Well...I am about three weeks late...But 2012 was quite a year for me personally...My last post was very personal and a bit sad, but hopefully this one will give you some smiles...I thought I might take you through a picture journey of my adventures.

January - We took our annual mother/daughter beach trip with Jane, Amy, and Lydia.


February - I got engaged to the man of my dreams.  God's plan is so much bigger for me than I could have ever dreamed.  I am so undeserving of his love.


March - My first niece was born and stole a chunk of my heart.  I don't get to see her as much as I would like since I don't live as close, but every time I am around her she makes my heart smile.

April - For the past two years I had taken a trip out of the state, this year I stayed close and spent a few days at my favorite place on Earth - Lake Gaston.


May - I celebrated my 29th birthday at Lake Gaston surrounded by family and friends.  We also had our first 'pre-wedding' festivity - a back yard BBQ at Dean and Debbie's house.










June - My Swift Creek Family threw me a "Disney Honeymoon Shower" at our end of the year luncheon.  Bittersweetly, I also started interviewing for jobs in Pitt County shortly there after.  I cannot tell you how much I miss my sweet family there.



July - July was a busy but fun month.  I had my bridal portraits taken (no one warned me how exhausting that would be), started marriage counseling, drove back and forth to Grifton VBS, continued painting and helping with "extreme parsonage makeover", got a new job at Sugg-Bundy Elementary as media coordinator, and had an amazing weekend at Lake Gaston with some of my girls that would be part of the special day.


August - Wow, this month seems like a blur - I had to literally get my pocket calendar out to remember it all.  We had two wedding showers this month.  One was giving by Jason's family, and his home church at Pine Ridge.  We were so excited to celebrate with family and friends.  Our church family at First Baptist Grifton also threw us a lunch/shower.  I also moved to a precious apartment (which I never even took a picture of but sure wish I had) in Ayden, NC.  I must stop and say here that God's hand was certainly in the details - through his divine intervention, I had a 'place of my own' and didn't have to commute for two months.






September - Well, if you read my previous post you know that most of this month was spent treasuring time with my grandmother.  I cannot tell you the amount of miles Jason and I put on our cars, but it was all worth it.  My home church, Elm Grove, and many of my family members threw us a shower. This month also brought much joy, as my friends Lindsay & Jeremy became parents to their third child, a precious baby girl.  Charlotte Brooke Jones was born September 4th, and of course I have to get a dose of baby love as often as I can.  I also enjoyed a Saturday morning brunch with many of my close friends who showered me with monogrammed gifts.  We were thrilled that Grandma was able to be a part of some of our pre-wedding festivities.







October - WEDDING MONTH!  That about sums that up...and did I mention I also had my fall book fair two weeks before I got married?  I think you could say a week at Disney was well deserved. :) This deserves a post all it's own - so I will save wedding details for later. :)



My granddaddy was thrilled to let me wear Grandma's earrings and her wedding band.  I felt like I was carrying part of her with me that day.



Truck or Treat!


November - The holiday season picked up and we began settling in as newly weds.  This is the first year in a few that I didn't take on the responsibility of cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  Jerri, Jason's mom, prepared a wonderful meal and included my mom, aunt, and granddaddy.  At this time, I can't find those pictures, but will post as soon as I do.  We also held our Hanging of the Greens service the Sunday following Thanksgiving.









December - Our First Christmas...Which also deserves it's own post...but for now I will leave you with a few of my favorite pictures from it...








No comments:

Post a Comment